Matt Might has written an article on the 12 New Year’s Resolutions that programmers should have. All of the resolutions are great like:
- learning a new programming language
- trying something new and embracing the uncomfortable
- staying healthy by exercising and watching out for Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- automating such as setting up email filters or backup syncs or replacing wires with wireless
- learning more mathematics, calculus and discrete maths are fun
- focusing on security with encryption tools and password generators like PasswordSafe
- learning more computer science theory, every year is a good year to read The Art of Computer Programming
It’s a bit of a long read but every single suggestion on the page is worthwhile.
Happy New Year to everyone and especially to software developers across the globe!